Glimpse HTTP allows you to generate a search engine for your WWW pages
quickly and easily.
It uses the Glimpse
search engine, a very fast searching tool, making the lookups fast and
For more information on Glimpse HTTP, see the
Overview of Glimpse HTTP and the
Features of Glimpse HTTP.
Glimpse HTTP is now at version 2.0.
These pages refer to the newest version of Glimpse HTTP.
For the pages for previous versions, see here.
Changes since version 1.4:
- Easier installation and configuration
- Decentralized configuration; users no longer need access to a central
- Cleaner user interface for the generated ghindex.html pages
- Configurable user interface for the generated ghindex.html pages
(using both site-based and archive-based templates)
- Can return only files changed within a specified amount of days (new
feature of Glimpse)
- Case insensitive is now default for search
- Selection between search page for root directory of archive only or
all directories in archive
- For speedier search (and less impact on the server),
only returns reference to file and list of lines with
matches (i.e., does not jump automatically to the target line in the
file); can easily be changed to facilitate jumps to target line
Contacts and Credits for Glimpse HTTP
Maintained by Michael Smith